Geant4 Space Users' Workshop –G4SUW– is focused on new results on space radiation interaction with components, sensors and shielding analysis, as well as on Geant4-based tools and developments applicable to space missions. The particular topics of interest for this workshop include:
- Effects on space electronics and science instruments
- Shielding simulations and optimisation
- Software interfacing Geant4 with space environment and/or effects tools (e.g. SPENVIS, FASTRAD)
- Microelectronics micro- & nanodosimetry:
- Single Event Effects (SEE) simulation.
- Geant4-TCAD coupling
- Simulation of astronaut radiation hazards, including biological micro- & nanodosimetry
- Planetary exploration applications
- Magnetospheric and atmospheric propagation of galactic cosmic radiation and solar energetic particles
- Geant4 toolkit improvements of significant benefit to space applications (e.g. in physics models, simulation speed, geometry treatment)
University of Surrey, Guildford, Surrey, GU2 7XH, UK
Registration and Attendance Fee
The registration website is now open. The attendance fee (covering costs for the meeting room and equipment, coffee breaks and buffet lunch) is:
- £275.00 for registration on or before 28th February 2017
- £325.00 for registration between 1st March - 20th March 2017
- £375.00 for registration after 21th March 2017
The cost of the workshop dinner (additional to the attendance fee) will be announced once the venue is confirmed.
The Indico website for abstract submission is now open!