Second Virtual Workshop on
Model-Based Systems and Software Engineering
~ MBSE 2021 ~
Wednesday 29 September & Thursday 30 September 2021
CALL FOR PAPERS AND CALL FOR WORKSHOPS
The European Space Agency is again hosting a dedicated workshop on model-based systems and software engineering, in collaboration with the MB4SE advisory group. Due to the on-going COVID crisis, the event will be organised on-line. Taking on board the experiences and feedback from the successful 2020 edition, the format of this years’ workshop will be as follows:
- Primary track of the workshop consisting of pre-recorded talks followed by live Q&A sessions with the presenters, with possibility for meeting other participants.
- Parallel track of the workshop consisting of dedicated brainstorm and discussion sessions, tool demonstrations or classroom or hands-on training style sessions.
We invite the space community to submit an extended abstract for your proposed presentation or interactive session. The extended abstract shall not exceed four (4) pages A4, in PDF format only, and it will be peer-reviewed by an international programme committee consisting of MB4SE members from the space agencies as well as industry. You can submit more than one abstract or interactive session proposal, and we encourage joint submissions. Commercial vendor proposals will also be considered for inclusion in the programme, but they undergo the same review process. The 2020 event was quite competitive (only 50% acceptance) so please prepare a high-quality proposal!
The objective of the workshop is to exchange practical experiences and lessons learned of MBSE applications in the space domain, spanning the entire life-cycle, crossing all domains and covering the supply chain. Topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
- approaches to adopt model-based techniques successfully in practice and at scale
- embedding of MBSE in ECSS (procurement, engineering, product assurance, operations)
- return-on-investment through model re-use (model libraries, model hierarchies, reference architectures, ontologies, digital twins)
- evolutions and innovations in MBSE technologies (modelling languages, tools, data hub, AI)
- consistency in models and data integrity: automation of model validation and verification
- Submission of extended abstracts / parallel track proposals : Monday 14 June 2021
- Announcement of acceptance: Monday 28 June 2021
- Preliminary programme announcement and registration open: 15 July 2021
- Camera-ready abstract and speaker registration dead-line: 31 August 2021
- Final programme announcement: 1 September 2021
- Pre-recorded talks due: 10 September 2021
- Event registration close (all participants): 22 September 2021
- Virtual event: Wednesday 29 September & Thursday 30 September 2021
Please send your abstract or workshop proposal (max 4 pages A4 in PDF format) to email@example.com