On 7th June 2016, a workshop on long duration storage for space hardware will be hosted by the European Space Agency at ESTEC, Noordwijk, in the Netherlands. The main objective is to share experience with long-duration effects on materials and develop recommendations based on established standards and industrial best practice for storage durations in the order of 10-15 years. The following subjects will be addressed:
- Lessons learned from past space programs covering adhesive joints, coatings, elastomers, and mechanisms, metals, EEE components
- Requirements for new space programs
- Approaches in non-space industry (e.g. aviation, automotive)
- Test methodologies for accelerated ground testing
- Best practices for long-duration storage
- Definition of follow-up R&D activities
A round table discussion is planned on methods and validity of accelerated ground testing.