This workshop to be held on 13th November 2018 in ESA Headquarters, Paris follows the first workshop on REACH regulation and its impact on launch vehicles in 2017. This 2018 edition will be enlarged to space sector and beyond.
The increasing impact of REACH regulation for the benefit of human health and to further protect the Earth environment bring the following questions within the space sector but also beyond:
- What are the latest REACH regulations impacting space sector?
- How space sector is adapting to this increasing European regulation and what are the present challenges?
- How other sectors are managing this regulation in their specific domain?
- How REACH regulation will evolve in the future?
- How space sector takes this opportunity for innovating in new technologies?
- How REACH will impact the relation between space and society?
The workshop will address these questions through speakers from different agencies (European Space Agency, CNES (FR), and European Defence Agency), industries involved in space (Ariane Group) and non-space sectors (Automotive). Exchanges of different views and experience, debating on challenges and innovation will make a fruitful debate with participants on way-forward for the future.
The agenda includes
- REACH impact on space sector: status and outlook
- REACH impact on others areas: example of defense and automotive
- REACH regulation: strategy plan for the future
- REACH regulation in space transportation : (critical technologies, status of present and future programmes)
- REACH regulation and alternatives: some examples of ongoing activities
- REACH regulation and its impact on relation of space and society