The workshop is organized by the Working Group “Radiation of High Temperature Gas” (WG RHTG) managed by ESA and CNES through the ESA Technology Directorate and the CNES Research & Technology Directorate. The local organization for this event is managed by the Technical University of Lisbon and the Portuguese Space Agency.
The Workshop is devoted to promoting a dialogue on the state of the art and recent advances for simulation/modelling and experimental techniques of hypersonic radiating gas flows. In this frame, a limited number of test cases will be validated with respect to efficiency and accuracy of different methods and experimental approaches, for the determination of radiative heat fluxes encountered during atmospheric entry. The workshop provides the opportunity to explore related areas of research to face the challenges of future space flight.
- Non-equilibrium chemical kinetics
- Hypersonic flows
- Plasma radiative emission and absorption
- Experimental facilities and experimental techniques
- Experimental and numerical modelling improvements of radiative heat transfer: refinement, verification, validation and comparison for space object re-entry simulation tools
- Test cases proposed for validation
Please submit your abstract online under the heading "Call for abstracts".