The ECSL has been organising a one-day Practitioners' Forum every year since 1992. The aim of the Forum is to provide those working across all areas of the space sector an opportunity to network and discuss topical areas of space law and policy relevant to the sector.
During the Forum experts present the latest developments impacting on space, for example: EU law, contracts and procurement law, telecommunications, liability and insurance, etc. The presentations are followed by a lively Q&A and discussion session.
The Forum promotes open and free discourse. Participants speak in their personal capacity under the Chatham House Rules (no publication of comments made which enable their maker to be identified) and in general, papers are not collected or published - but may be so with the speakers permission.
Only ECSL members may participate in the Practitioners’ Forum, and you are invited to become a Member in advance of the event to ensure your place is confirmed.
The 2019 Practitioners' Forum:
The next Practitioners' Forum will take place on the 25th of April 2019, and address "The Moon Village Concept: Practical, Business and Legal Challenges".
The program is available here: https://www.esa.int/About_Us/ECSL_European_Centre_for_Space_Law/Practitioners_Forum
Due to the renovation of the European Space Agency's Headquarters in Paris, the 2019 edition of the Practitioners' Forum will take place at ESA ESTEC, in the Netherlands.
For news and updates about the Practitioners Forum and other ECSL events follow us on:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/esa.ecsl/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ecsl-european-centre-for-space-law-7888bb10a
Three days of ECSL events at ESA ESTEC
Please note that this is the first of three ECSL events taking place at ESA ESTEC this week, all require separate registration for attending. As such, the list of events and more information on how to register is listed below.
- 24th of April - ECSL Genera Meeting of Members (https://www.esa.int/About_Us/ECSL_European_Centre_for_Space_Law/ECSL_2019_General_Meeting_of_Members
- 25th of April - ECSL Practitioners Forum: https://www.esa.int/About_Us/ECSL_European_Centre_for_Space_Law/Practitioners_Forum
- 26th of April - Young Lawyer Symposium: https://www.esa.int/About_Us/ECSL_European_Centre_for_Space_Law/Young_Lawyers_Symposium
For further questions, please contact the ECSL Executive Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org