The Double Insulation Day will be held on the 13th February in the Erasmum Auditorium
The Double Insulation Day will consists in two sessions.
The morning session is dedicated to presentations from ESA, Airbus, Thales and OHB, which will cover double insulation issues in all domains: electronics, solar arrays and batteries.
The afternoon session is dedicated to an open discussion.
The discussion will address the following point:
- Can conformal coating be considered a reliable insulation layer?
- How should we approach the presence of foreign particles inside units?
- How should we consider micrometeroids in the design process?
- Should we launch activities to improve DI of specific components (e.g. connectors)?
- Is an ECSS on DI welcome?
- How should this ECSS address the problem?
- Going one by one through all possible technologies susceptible from being insulated
- Giving high level concepts on what we want to achieve
In case you wish to contribute please check the presentation template available on the main page and contact us!
|09:05||Introduction to Double Insulation||ESA|
|10:00||Airbus approach to Double Insulation||Airbus|
|11:20||Thales approach to Double Insulation||Thales|
|12:10||OHB approach to Double Insulation||OHB|
|14:15||Open discussion - Roundtable||ALL|