The presentations will become available as part of the proceedings only. Therefore no presentations can be accessed from this web site.
The proceedings are available at: https://exchange.esa.int/thermal-workshop/
Tue 6 - Thu 8 October our workshop takes place.
To participate please register, for free, via the "Registration" link in the grey menu on the left. The confirmation that you will receive contains the link to connect. Information about the tool used for this event is included as well and can also be found at the bottom of this page.
Do not hesitate to contact me or my colleagues in TEC-MT, if you have any questions or suggestions. Do not hesitate to get in touch with us for any aspects related to our space thermal engineering activities. More detailed contact information can be found here
Below you will find the usual text for the workshop for information. It has not been fully modified to take all changes into account. If something is not clear then please do not hesitate to contact me.
The European Space Thermal Engineering Workshop, organised by the ESA/ESTEC Thermal Division, will be held on:
Tuesday 6 to Thursday 8 October 2020
at ESA/ESTEC, Noordwijk, the Netherlands.
Aim and scope
The aim of the workshop is:
- to provide a forum for the exchange of views, experiences, best practices and lessons learned for thermal engineers involved in space missions
- to promote and facilitate contacts between thermal engineers and thermal technologies and tool developers
- to present recent developments on all aspects of the thermal engineering domain and to solicit feedback
- to present new approaches and methodologies e.g. for thermal design, analysis and verification
Topics covered include in particular
- thermal design (for platforms, instruments etc.)
- thermal analysis and software tools
- thermal testing
- thermal control technologies
- two-phase heat transport technology
- thermal technologies and methodologies related to small satellites and CubeSats
- mapping of thermal results to mechanical models and guidelines for thermo-elastic (for thermal part)
The workshop will consist of presentations only. The working language will be English.